Wednesday, April 29, 2015

give it time


I have been doing a lot of thinking.

a lot of writing......................and some more thinking..... 

Some people believe that you can overthink almost any situation, 
but I believe there is not enough time in the world for all our thoughts. 

<<<< Today mum asked me, what's been on the mind  >>>> 

Instead of overwhelming her right there on the spot, I decided to overwhelm social media and those who stalk the blog. So you're welcome.... I think?
Lately, I have been really learning the gift of patience and time.
It has literally been months since I have been waiting for certain things to happen, and it is almost frustrating to the point of giving up. But I have to step back and realize that there are many things in life that I have the tendency to rush and want it all right then and there when, in reality, they may mean more if I just sacrifice the time. 

I guess part of my impatience relies on seeing parts of the picture. Sometimes, mine and God's timeline doesn't match up, but I have to remember that in the long-run, there will always be a balance.

"Patience means staying with something until the end. It means delaying immediate gratification for future blessings. 
It means reining in anger and holding back the unkind word. It means resisting evil, even when it appears to be making others rich. Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace and faith. It means being willing to submit 
to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon us. Ultimately, patience means being firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord every hour of every day, even when it is hard to do so. Patience means to abide in faith, knowing that sometimes it is in the waiting rather than in the receiving that we grow the most. It is true in our time as well, for we are commanded in these latter days to continue in patience until ye are perfected."

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

To sum up all the ish in my mind >>> the key to a better and brighter day... 
...is the patience to go through the long winter inbetween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment