Sunday, May 27, 2012

just let go

One of my favorite quotes of all time: 

You're not scared of the dark. 
You're scared of what's in it. 

You're not afraid of heights. 
You're afraid of falling. 

You're not afraid of the people around you. 
You're just afraid of rejection. 

You're not afraid to love. 
You're just afraid of not being loved back. 

You're not afraid to let go. 
You're just afraid to accept the reality that they're gone

You're not agraid to try again. 
You're just afraid of getting hurt for the same reason. 


The hardest part about facing our fears, is facing the reality. We use fear as a reason to quit, but in reality, it is only an excuse. We use fear to block out others, but in reality, we are blocking ourselves out from the world. 

Fear is a disease that is sickening the world; we have: 

The fear of Perfection, 
Beauty, 
Success, 
the Unknown, 
Pain, 
Disappointment, 
Rejection
 and Failure

And I have to admit, sometimes I let fear get the best of me. I almost crave an everyday dose of fear. The other day, I watched an audition from SYTYCD that left me in tears. Lately, I have been putting on a pretty face for too many people for far too long and the fears that were built up inside me, were finally realized and are now put aside to be conquered. It is truly amazing and a pure talent that just a simple move, phrase or tune can put your mind at ease through a time of chaos. It is truly amazing how someone can have that power to steal your fear away and heal you. But only if you let it, it will happen. 


My challange to myself: 
DO WHAT YOU FEAR MOST.

Everyday, challange yourself to something you are afraid of, something that places you outside of your own comfort zone and let yourself become fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment