Friday, August 24, 2012

i choose windows over doors

Do you ever have a thought that keeps playing on repeat?

On the daily, I find reasons and blessings why God 
has been given me this thought. I think about friendships that I once enjoyed that seem to be dissolving, past lovers that give me grief, and memories that keep coming in repeat. My natural inclination is to get to work, figure out what happen and analyze every piece of the situation that I just placed myself in. 

But of course, I stop. 
And I breathe. And I remember this quote: 

“When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.”


Every time someone walks out of my life, they pass the next person walking in. As someone loses a job, they end up finding one that is better. When someone breaks your heart, it makes you stronger
 for the next relationship that finds your way.  

It is just one of those universal laws.


When you look at life like that, it is almost impossible to get upset over who is leaving, why things happen, and who broke your heart and why. They are making room for the next teacher; because, after all, everyone and everything in your life is here to teach you something.

Whatever you’ve lost today, take just a moment to grieve the loss, but then have faith and feel good for what will come tomorrow. That door may be closed but something much better is waiting just for you.

3 comments:

  1. this is exactly what i needed to hear today. ....it is so beautifully written, thank you alicia, you are an angel. <3

    ReplyDelete