Sunday, April 14, 2013

the house that built me

Ever had one of those days where you wake up just knowing today is going to be your day? The type of day where you're gonna leave better than you came in.  
You know something is about to change.  You have no idea how, 
but somehow or someone is going to make that happen.

Welp, this morning as I woke up, those feelings were me.
Today, I decided that I was going to give it my all. That I was going to fight every ounce inside of me. Breathe in every moment that is given to me. Take in every second and really live.

I decided to head to a different single's ward today since my friend was teaching the Sunday school lesson. It happened to be fast and testimony meeting in their Ward today and (oh my, I'm shaking just typing this) can I just tell you, 
I haven't felt the spirit like that in a long time. 

During Sacrament, I was in meditation. I had a suddon tap on the shoulder to take a piece of bread when I looked to my left, I see a young man in his mid 20's sitting 
in a wheelchair holding the sacrament tray. I immediately felt his spirit flow through me
 as I grabbed his hand to get hold of the tray. I looked up in his beautiful 
brown eyes and he let out a smile. For some reason, I felt as if that smile 
was all the answers I had been praying about for weeks. 
In that moment, I felt peace and realized my next step in life. 


The spirit continued to burn as this young man went up and bore his testimony during Sacrament. My friend leaned over to me as he was grasping onto the hand-rail to find his footing at the pulpit, "He's never missed a testimony meeting." I couldn't hold back the tears as he mumbled his words so beautifully. Although no one knew what he was saying, we all understood. The room went dead silent as sniffles filled the room from those fighting back tears.

From the man who spoke nothing, said everything.
From the man who could barely walked, ran free today.

You changed my life. 
You gave me a purpose. 
You showed me pure and honest love.
You filled me with feelings I thought I could never feel again.

To the beautiful man who answered my prayers, I love you.
Ask, and ye shall receive. Knock, and it shall be open unto you. 

1 comment: