Tuesday, April 14, 2015

refresh, restart and refocus


Let me tell you a little something I learned today >>> Your attitude determines your life.
Think about it.....
How you decide to act the moment you wake up to the time you fall asleep determines your outcomes
 of your everyday choices, emotions, and thoughts.

Personal example here .....

Last night I went to bed with the feeling I was going to accomplish a "to do" list I set for myself.  But when my alarm went off this morning, that was definitely not the case. I slept in until 12, I was late for my job interview, and I missed breakfast 
(and I am a grump when I get hungry). 

So what did I do? Well, I did what every girl does when she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, I went and got ice cream. 
So here I am at Maceys, feeling great about  the idea of stuffing my face with a large cup filled with rasberry-mango creaminess. After patiently waiting for my turn in line, the cashier then asks, "what do you want?" I asked her if I could have a large cup of rasberry mango and to my surprise, she looked at me as if I was stupid as she sayd, "Can't you see we're out." 
To my apologies, I grabbed a  vanilla-chocolate cone and headed on my way.

Feeling a sluggish, worthless and a little bit down, I then remembered my "To Do" list I made the night before and that on that list, 
I wanted to go visit my special spot. But because of my bad mood, I really did not want to go, but as soon as I pulled up to the parking lot, I knew this is what I needed all along. 

It's funny how we let little things get to you day by day, but it's also incredible that you have people or places that you can go to and forget about it all. After visiting my favorite spot, I no longer felt hurt, abused, neglected, unloved, or angry.

I felt love.
I felt peace.
I felt joy.
I felt like I was home again. 
Silly how we let little things get to us, but if we refresh, restart and re-focus, 
we will quickly realize all the things that mattered all along. 


Timpanogos Temple = My Special Spot

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate. There are days that I feel motivated to get stuff done the following day but I wakeup on the wrong side of the bed the next day. This effects my entire mood that day and I don't feel like doing anything. I always tell myself that tomorrow will be better. Sometimes it is and sometimes I just have to work harder towards being in a motivated state of mind.
    You definitely have a way with words and I'd like to continue reading. please check out my blog if you have the time and let me know what you think in a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's what we call life, right? Absolutely. I will check it out right now. Thanks for your support and comment :))

      Delete