Monday, May 18, 2015

kingdom hearts



When a woman has a kingdom heart, 
she has an active understanding of what matters most to the heart of God. 
She lives in the balance of passion and contentment. 

She learns to love well,
give without regard to self,
and forgive without hesitation.

The woman with a kingdom heart may have a duffel bag full of possesions
 or enough to fill a mansion, but she has learned to hold them with an open hand. 
Hold everything with open hands.

I don't think we are ever allowed to grab hold of anything or anyone
as though they matter more than the kingdom of Heaven. 
When you hold relationships with open hands, 
then people come in and out of your life as gifts of grace to be cherished and enjoyed,
not objects to be owned and manipulated. 

And then when you hold your dreams with open hands,
you get to watch God resurrect what seemed dead and multiply what seemed small.  

A year ago today, I found out my grandpa had passed away. I was serving a church-service mission in New York for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My grandpa has always been a protecter, a provider and the most stubborn person whose heart is made of gold. But even thought he is not here physically, he continues to provide and protect and I will be forever grateful for his love. He has taught me how to work hard, go for my dreams and always live life with open arms to love and receive love. Thanks for breaking down my barriers grandpa, and for reminding me of that today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment