Tuesday, June 25, 2013

six things you should know

Thanks to the beautiful and artistic Rylee Blake for this design and idea of sharing six things to know about those who you are reading about. So if it's okay with you, 
we're going a little deeper into the blue blue skies. You ready?


1) any beauty secrets you're currently loving?

I work in a restuarant and am constantly around grease, heat and just that thick air all day, everyday and it's pretty harsh on my skin. I noticed ever since I started working there, my skin would break out more. I started using pro-activ, multi-vitamins, different face creams and lotions and cake on the make-up to try and cover the spots. But the biggest and most rewarding product I found that cleared up my skin dramatically.......? Not wearing makeup. Besides an occasional mascara, I don't put anything on my skin. I realized that maybe our skin needs a break every now and again from all the product we use on it and maybe that's the kind of break yours needs to. I mean, summer is all about that "natural-beach-look" anyways, right?  



So here's to no make-up. Who's in?


2) spill. what's your guilty pleasure? 

You know when they say, "the key to a woman's heart is to get her chocolate?"  Well, that isn't the case for this girl. If you want to win my heart, get me the biggest tub of ice cream you can find (that isn't chocolate, of course). If ice cream wouldn't make your love handles grow, I would eat a tub a day. No exaggeration intended. 

3) who has been the most inspiring person for you? why? 

My best friend Lexi has been the most inspiring person for me. Why? Because this girl does not give up. She will fight even when everything in and outside of her goes to shambles. She continues to have a smile on her face through the toughest of times and has this determination to become the best she can be. She has a heart of gold and is one of those individuals who is the real deal. What you see is what you get, and I love that honesty. Plus, she puts up with me and all my outdoor obsessions even when she doesn't want to. 
Love you Lex !!



4) what is the funniest/most embarrassing thing that happened this week? 

Anyone who is currently in the dating scene, you're going to have a goos laugh at this one. Yesterday, I went on a first date with this boy I had met at work. We went on a bike-ride to a hidden pond and castle with ducks and fish everywhere. Straight fairytale status, right? Well, being the idiot that I am, I was wearing a long sleeve shirt in June. A long sleeve shirt in 90 + degree weather. I was sweating balls. So being the gentleman that he is, he asked if I wanted to change and borrow the tank that he was wearing. The moment he took off his tank, without thinking, I checked him out. The moment I did, he asked, "Did you just check me out?" I don't get embarrassed often, but that just shot me over the hills..... *facepalm*

5) What's your go to lazy day 'outfit'?

In no-way am I a pants person. In fact, I couldn't tell you the last time I wore pants. Maybe 10th grade? Anyways, I am all about comfort and for some reason, I wear black almost every day of my life. A simple black, sheer shirt and black leggings is all I need for a lazy day. It's comfortable yet still fashionable.



6) why do you blog? what do you find to be the most rewarding thing because of it?

I blog for me.  I used to write in a journal everyday until I discovered blogging. It's just faster and easier way to describe things that are going on without really unfolding every detail. In a way, I blog to relieve stress, to discover more and yearn for more experience via the social media world. Surprisingly, I have gained friendships to girlfriends I don't think I'd ever meet if it wasn't for blogging, or have received stories from complete strangers that I have touched through my writing or they have touched me. Blogging has literally helped me multiple times throughout my life. 


&& that's me in a nutshell. 



It's pretty simple. if you get "nominated" or just want to do it anyway (please do!), answer six questions from the question bank below! 
Then nominate your own peeps and ask them 6 questions.
so who would i like to get to know better? 
1)  k a t i e    l a d y  
2)  k a r l e e   j e a n 
3)  l y n n i a   l u 
4)  c a s s i d y   a m y 
For your questions, please pick six of these: 
1. what is the funniest/most embarrassing thing that happened this week? 
2. spill. what's your guilty pleasure? 
3. take a quick piccy of your outfit today! name your favorite thing about what you're wearing or give us a little note about your personal style and what it means to you. 
4. any beauty secrets you're currently loving? 
5. who has been the most inspiring person for you? why? 
6. favorite song off the top of your head. don't think about it. just go
(and provide a link if you can)! 
7. what's a personal trial that you've had to overcome? 
8. why do you blog? and what is the most rewarding thing that has come from it? 
And that's all. Pretty simple, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment