Friday, September 6, 2013

no diggity


Lately, I have been getting this question a lot... "Alicia, why hiking?"

Let me tell you why...

It's not about the hiking as much as it is about being outside.
Come to think of it, it's everything.
The 8 hours of walking. Every scrape, bruise, cut and bite.
The feeling of exhaustion, determination and motivation.
The many miles driven and money spent. It's worth it all. 


I don't even know where to start in explaining that feeling you get while you're on a mountain top
 watching the sun rise as you see everything come to life.
 The peace you feel as you walk along a riverside. Or the excitement 
that comes as you stare up to a 60 ft waterfall and just throw 
your hands up in the air because you've never felt so alive. 
  

From sandy hills to cold stone, from dry heat to frozen lakes, 
I have left my experience. But from all these places, are where I've found myself. 
Hiking has given me more lessons and answers than any education, job, or person will ever give me.
 That is why I need nature and it needs me, every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment