Thursday, September 5, 2013

paint your own canvas

Have you ever had someone that has truly inspired you to become the best possible person that you can be. That someone who has been through more than you'd like to know, but yet you would never know because they carry their life with love.. with hope.. with strength. 

There is so much in this world that can let you down, but there is also so much good. 
I kind of get overwhelmed on social media from all the negativity I read from the news, my friends and even myself. But amidst all the bad, there can also be so much good. 

The other day, I came across a status my little brother wrote. No explanation needed. It speaks for itself. He is that person who truly inspires me to become that best possible person.


"Little did I know that waking up yesterday my life would take a sudden turn & change. 
When faced with bad news it's so easy to start asking questions... to start pointing fingers... to feel anger, resentment... hate... 
I accept my letdown for what it is. It's time to face myself, accept my life & move forward. There is a blank canvas set before me. It's time to use my gifts & talents to paint something beautiful & help others do the same with their own vision. Life is so fragile... if we're not quite in tune with ourselves we will miss those small moments of happiness in each day. Happiness is there. We have to find it. It's right in front of our face, we just have to see it. My happiness is directly related with my ability to accept myself & the external world that I cannot control. I choose to love, to build & to carry on. My decisions & thoughts I have now will form my destiny. I am destined for happiness.  I will get there... just gotta live my life the right way & even when it's so hard to be happy now... I choose to sacrifice & work to bring meaning to what I want most. It'll all be worth it in the end." 

- Words of Wisdom from my little Bro 
I love you more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment