Tuesday, September 17, 2013

selfies are selfish or selfless?

The other day, I over heard a friend talk about how annoying it is to open up Instagram or Facebook and seeing all these selfie's of everyone. To her, she thinks that because everyone is taking all these selfies, that the world is crying out for attention and that those people are just in love with themselves. To her, selfies are selfish.

On that same day, I opened up my Instagram and scrolled down to the first post of a selfie of one of my friends. Below, had a very true statement of self-image.

"I love myself, i'm not in love with myself. I'm perfectly content with who I am, 
who I want to be, my body, my face, everything. 
I wish I could teach the whole world this. " 

                                                                               - Danyel Snow

It put into perspective how one thing can have different perspectives as well as outcomes to those who see it. Sure, a selfie may be an insecure act of someone wanting attention, likes, and comments of how beautiful they are, but that's their way of expression. Others may do it for inspiration, for hope, for determination. An image can have a thousand words. What you use of those words are up to you, and if you wanna take a selfie every day of your life then so be it. I personally like the best of both worlds. It gives me entertainment, yet inspiration.


With that said..... is it selfie Sunday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment