Wednesday, September 18, 2013

miss "too-independent"

Today I gave myself a new nick-name.
I decided to call myself the "Miss Too-Independent." Why?
Because I find myself, on the daily, trying to do things the way I would like them done.

I like the idea of having everything be on my own time,
                                                                          at my own pace
                                                                                 at my own level.

But when it comes down to it, sometimes my independence hurts me more than helps.
Especially when it comes to making big life decisions.
Does anybody else fall into this kind of trap? [or maybe it's just me]

For so long, I've been riding out certain obligations and duties that I know need to be done, but in my head I keep on saying, "I'll do it when I have time or when I feel like doing it." And there I go again with having my independence get the best of me.
I read something today that is basic knowledge to those who understand this,
but I always seem to forget.

Trust God from the bottom of your heart. 
Don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice is in everything you do. It is everywhere you go. 
He's the one that will keep you on track. 

Like Duh, Alicia. For some reason, that is one thing that is hard for me to grasp. Knowing that there is one person that knows me better than I know myself.
That knows when I should step up, step down or get out of any given situation.
It's easier said than done, but I decided to take a few baby steps and for the rest of this week, I'm going to hang up my independence and let God take over.
I'll let you know by the end of this week how everything goes.

Until then...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment