Tuesday, October 9, 2012

soup and tunes for the sick

  

  

The past few weeks, I have been catching all sorts of colds and flu's that have been tearing up my insides. I guess this is making up for all the years I went sick-free and now my time is being paid.
But for those of you who happened to have a weak little body such as I this Fall, here is a homemade recipe of Chicken Noodle Soup for your soul.

I call it: Mama Knows Best

Fill 1 large pot with 3/4 full water
Place 1 full chicken (skin and all) into pot full of water
Boil water w/ chicken on High
When boiling, change heat to medium until meat is cooked (1-1.5 hours)
Take entire chicken out (leaving boiled water in pot)
Add one large package of Grandmas Frozen Egg Noodles 
6-8 chicken buollion cubes
1-2 cups chopped carrots
Bring added ingredients and water back to a boil
When boiling, bring heat back to medium for 20-30 min
Once cooked, cut up chicken into small pieces (w/o skin) and put back into soup


You and your stomach can thank me later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment