Monday, October 8, 2012

strength for body&soul

Pins and Needles.
Empty Rumbles.
Raspy Flem.
&& A Rudolph Nose.

That about sums up the beginning of my week. Happy Monday to me, right?
I love starting it off with a head cold, but thank goodness today is my day off from work so I had plenty of time to sit in bed and rest. 

Except for one problem... 
I can only sit still in bed for oh so long until I go a little crazy.

So what did I decide to do?
Take myself on a lovely scenic drive up the Canyon of course.
And to my dismay, I am grateful I did. 


I spent time writing in the old journal. I had a lot of catching up to do since my last post was clear back in June... of last year. 
Yeah, that's right, June of 2011. 
I caught myself up to at least the Thanksgiving, 
so another 11 months to go and I will be right on track.


I then found myself wandering in a park with a little cove of trees that seemed the perfect place to nap. There is only one place, other than my bed, I love to sleep in, and that is underneath the sky; day or night. During that nap, I dreamt of a dream, a wonderful dream that consisted of lots of beautiful colors. Colors of light, life and love. Colors so vibrant, you could not take your eyes off. I dreamt of a colorful world that brought me the purest form of joy. 


There is something that happens while you're dreaming in nature 
that I cannot explain. You almost feel as if you are seperated from yourself && everything in the universe becomes clear. Where nature somehow 
mends all your open wounds, broken heart and bitter feelings and heals it through its beauty. Where nature somehow gets inside your mind 
and takes away the pain and lets you feel alive again. 

 
Someone once said, 

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in. 
Where nature may heal and give strength to the body and soul." 

&& as for today, that is exactly what it did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment