Saturday, February 2, 2013

meet jenn muldoon


I met Jenn last year when I went to Mexico on a Spring Break trip. Her and I started to hang out with a group of boys who were friends, and through those boys, I got to know Jenn just a little bit more. Just a little re-cap of what I've come to see about Jenn: 

Jenn has heart of gold. You know those people, when you look at them, you know they come from a raw background. Everything they say and do is real. You instantly trust yourself with them and you feel genuianely loved. She is one of those woman who is going to become a Super Mom someday. When she puts her heart into something, she goes above and beyond her measures. One thing I love about her is, she may look like a woman, but secretly is a kid at heart. 

A few months after I met Jenn, she posted on Facebook that she had received melanoma from using tanning beds as a tennager. Through several treatments and surgeries, her cancer was removed. Yesterday, I saw another post via Le Facebook and on the newsfeed, I stumbled upon a picture of Jenn. Jenn has been and always will be a photogenic person, but this picture goes beyond just beautiful. It is the purest and most simple form of beauty there ever was.



Her caption below the picture:  As women, we tend to define ourselves by our hair and let it control our sense of self worth. I wanted to feel beautiful for who I am as a person rather than base it all on my outward appearance. I have never felt so beautiful and free in my life. Oh, and now my poor hair is going to be a loooot more healthier too :)

I could not agree more with her statement. Hair is just hair. Fashion, the way you do your make-up, what scent of perfume you're wearing today. It is all temporary. It will come and go in a blink of an eye, and if destroyed, it will always come back.... eventually. 

Jenn Muldoon is the purest form of beauty, truth, light and love. I have always been a fan since day one, but as days go on, she has truly become my inspiration. Love you Jenn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment