Sunday, March 24, 2013

a sunday getaway

Have you ever felt bombarded with bad luck when you know 
something good is about to take place? Well, that's been me this past week. 
I came home from my Spring Break from California feeling good.
I got a promotion at work, I was ready to start being headstrong into some goals I've been working on for months and ready to start the next phase and then........ BOOM! 

This morning, I was really contimplating whether I was going to go to Church or go venture off in the wilderness somewhere and find myself my own little quiet, spiritual getaway. But thankfully, I decided Church was the better option, and I am glad I went. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 It literally is my safe haven once a week.

Today, I learned the valuable lesson of beauty all around you.
The power of the adversary and when bad things happen, greater things await. 
And how very blessed I am, that I can drive to one of the most magical places on this Earth five minutes away from where I live. This life is what you make of it, and I needed a reassurance of how beautiful it truly is through both good and bad. 


"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh'ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah
Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. 
Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, and article, a sentence, a footstep... feel it all - look around you
All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love."

-Zooey Deschanel 

1 comment:

  1. You're my hero!
    So lucky to have you for an example, a friend & sister in the gospel!

    ReplyDelete