Thursday, April 25, 2013

from scrubs to champion

Every time a player goes out to play his trade he’s got to play from the ground up – from the soles of his feet 
right up to his head.  Every inch of him has to play.  
Some guys play with their heads.  That’s O.K. You’ve got to be smart to be Number One in any business.  But more important, you’ve got to play with you heart – with every fiber of your body.  If you’re lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he’s never going to come off the field second



April 14th 2012, I made a goal to hike the Y everyday until the end of September. 
[check that off the list] 
As of last week April 15th 2013, I started my venture of hiking the Y everyday again. Since this year, I am in better shape and not injured, I decided I am going to make it my goal to run the entire trail by the end of Summer. I am on Day 9 and counting and can proudly say I can walk one turn and run one turn. Not bad, eh? 

Yeah, there are steep parts and sometimes I yell at myself to push my limits. Sometimes I wanna give up and my stomach wants to hurl everything from the inside out, but i've learned a lot about myself even in this last week. I've learned more of my strengths, my weaknesses, pushing myself to higher limits and letting yourself to NEVER GIVE UP until the job is done. If you have not hiked the Y, 
I suggest you do it a few times. The view is well worth it 
and you'd be surprised at the lessons you will learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment