Sunday, May 12, 2013

my mother knows my eyes too well

Hey mom, it's me. 

Today is your special day. I decided I have a lot of thank you's I need to catch up on, and I decided today is the day to get it started. Remember that time when I fell down the stairs in the treehouse in Preschool and you were there in a matter of minutes to see if I was okay? Or the time when I couldn't decide if I wanted to dance, be a gymnist, a musician or an athlete and you took me to all of my practices. 
Or how about the time when you encouraged me to reach for my dreams 
and move away for college after High School graduation? 

I can think of a thousand instances where you have been my brain, heart, body 
and soul. I guess what I am trying to say is a big fat thank you. 

Thank you for being that support system. 
Thank you for being my greatest fan. 
For beliving in me when I doubted myself. 
For anchoring my life.
Thank you for teaching me the value of life and how important it is to follow your dreams. Thank you for sharing your talents and gifts. Music has and always will be my safe haven. Thank you for sacrificing your time and effort for my happiness. 


 

I will always be your little babe. 

Since day one, I have had this unconditional love for you. 
You've given me the gift of life, and that is just one of the million of reasons why you are my number one. Since day one, I have always felt safe in your arms, 
and I will stand by your side always and forever.

                                                                                                                Love, 

me.

2 comments: