Wednesday, June 24, 2015

a little bit of humble pie

For the past three months, I have come to be very humble for what is in my life and for what reasons.
I don't know if many of you who are reading this has been away from home for quite sometime, has moved to a place that put you outside your comfort zone, served a church service mission, been away for military purposes and etc... but there's something about being away from "home" that stretches you, pulls you and places you outside of your element. But what surprised me as well was that coming "home" did the same. 

As I have been away from home, a lot has happened physically, emotionally and spiritually with me, my family and those I love. I have changed and so have they. But from what I have learned, at least for me, I have been humble through my circumstances because I wasn't willing to change them, if that makes any sense? 

Before I moved back home, I had a specific plan laid out for me --- I was going to get back into shape, start to do my own personal training at a crossfit gym, go back to school, get a job, save money and get married to my boyfriend. But within days of returning, I quickly realized how my plans weren't as perfect as I thought. In fact, all my plans didn't go according 
to what I had planned and took a complete 180. It truly put me in a humble place where I had to reach within and feel and see what God wanted me to be instead of me for myself. 



I have learned that everyday stretches us out of our limits and comfort zone, but that's exactly what needs to be done. It is always great to have a plan, but to not be upset or frustrated when it doesn't go perfectly. I've learned to take each day one step at a time and love every minute to every second. It has helped me see new places I have never been, meet people that have helped shaped me to become better and it has opened up my heart to receive and give more love. I think sometimes we get too caught up in a perfect plan for our lives when we need to stop and bask in the blessings and the beauty of now. 

Yes, things may happen, people will come and go, injuries, health and catastrophes may occur, 
but if we truly humble ourselves in the situations that have been given to us, 
we will see them as a blessing and realize that we have everything instead of nothing. 

So what I am trying to say is....
Don't be comfortable in sitting in your nest, have the strength to spread your wings and soar into life day by day. 

1 comment: