Tuesday, July 12, 2016

and even when...

Sometimes, you need a reminder that listening to your own advice.

I woke up in a not so great of mood.
Must have had a nightmare or something because I just felt nothing. 
It was the weirdest feeling I have ever felt. 
So what did I do? I decided to read my scriptures to get this feeling out of me.
..... it helped a little.... but I needed something more. 
Then, my friend reminded me of something I said to him a while back and then, I realized what I needed to do. 


So I ventured off into the wilderness 
(okay, more like the canyon that's 5 minutes down the road)  and took a drive. 
A long, beautiful, scenic drive with all the windows rolled down, no music playing
... just silence. The silence of  beauty nature. 
I then took a deep breathe and realized everything was going to be okay, just a bumpy start is all. I popped open my journal and came across this page that said this: 

Laugh, even when you feel too sick or too worn out or tired.
Smile, even when you're trying not to cry and the tears are blurring your vision.
Sing, even when people stare at you and tell you your voice is crappy.
Trust, even when your heart begs you not to.
Twirl, even when your mind makes no sense of what you see.
Frolick, even when you are made fun of. 
Kiss, even when others are watching.
Sleep, even when you're afraid of what the dreams might bring.
Run, even when it feels like you can't run any more.

And, always, remember, when the memories pinch your heart. Because the pain of your experience is what makes you the person you are now. And without your experience---you are an empty page, a blank notebook, a missing lyric. What makes you brave is your willingness to live through your terrible life and hold your head up high for the next day. So don't live life in fear. Because you are stronger now, after all the crap has happened, you are stronger than you ever were back before it started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment