Saturday, August 4, 2012

in a nutshell

Sometimes, I wonder where my friends get their wisdom. Today, I stumbled across a powerful message that someone posted online about life and I have to admit, she is spot on with every single word. 

LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT to be worrying about if your shirt matches your toenails, if you can get the latest updated iphone with all the new apps, how much money you can blow going to the nicest restaurant. 

Maybe your life isn't too short for all of that, 
but MINE sure is. 

There are people who need a helping hand up, people hurting from loss, neglect or abuse. "As I have loved you, love one another; because I have been given much, I too must give." Time won't slow down, and for some, without the help they need, time may be slipping awayWe were given talents and gifts to benefit others. Life is God's gift to us, what we do with it is our gift back to Him. 

Lets not live in vain.


She pretty much sums up how we should view life in a nutshell. 
It literally is that simple; 

lets all try a little harder, to be a little better.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love you Alicia!!!!!
    Your words have always hit me so hard, thank you for always returning the favor, and inspiring ME, when I need it most.

    ReplyDelete